1. National Debt Management,Inc(NDM)is an ISO9001:2008 accredited organization. Counselors of NDM are certified through Arbor Education and approved by the State of Michigan.
2. All teachers of the “Personal Financial Management Instructional Course” are either certified credit counselors or certified teachers through the state of Michigan.
3.Client understands that NDM is not a law firm and does not provide any legal advice. Client understands that filing bankruptcy may have a negative effect on your credit score and may remain on your credit report between seven to ten years. When deciding whether to file bankruptcy please seek an attorney for advice.
4.The United States Trustee has reviewed only NDM’s budget and credit counseling services and its services as a provider of the personal financial management instructional course. The United States Trustee has neither reviewed nor approved any other services the agency provides.
5. NDM may disclose client information to the United States Trustee in connection with the United States Trustee’s oversight of the agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
6. Client has the opportunity to negotiate an alternative payment schedule with regard to each unsecured consumer debt under terms set forth in 11 U.S.C. § 502(k).
7. NDM provides bilingual counseling services in Arabic and English for no additional charge. The agency will refer the client who needs services in other languages to an agency approved by the United States Trustee to provide services in the client’s preferred language.
8. The Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling session in person is $50.00 and over the telephone is $50.00 for a single person, a joint credit counseling session in-person is $70.00, and over the telephone is $50.00.
9. The Post-Bankruptcy personal financial management instructional course in person is $50.00 and over the telephone is $50.00 for a single person; a joint instructional course is $70.00 in-person or $50.00 over the telephone.
10. Payment of fees must be made by cashier’s check ,cash (only permitted for in person counseling), or by a debit card, and are nonrefundable unless the client does not attend the counseling session or pesonal financial management instructional course. All payments are payable to: National Debt Management, Inc. 17520 W. 12 Mile Rd. Suite 105 Southfield, MI 48076.
11. A client presumptively lacks the ability to pay the fee if the client’s current household income is less than 150 percent of the poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
12. Only upon completion of the counseling session or personal financial management instructional course, NDM is obligated to provide a certificate of completion to the client or debtor student. There is no fee for the issuance of a credit-counseling certificate or debtor education certificate.
13. NDM will provide a certificate of completion to the client or debtor student promptly upon completion of the course or counseling session if done in person. If the course or counseling session is conducted over the telephone or internet, then NDM will promptly mail or email the certificate upon completion of the course or counseling session.
14. Client understands that by entering into a debt management program, some creditors may contact the credit bureau and report that the client is on a debt management plan or in a credit counseling program. This comment on the credit report does not directly affect the client’s credit score but may have a negative effect on a lender’s willingness to lend. How individual creditors view the comment varies. Once the debt management program is complete, the comment on your credit report may remain for seven to ten years. Some creditors will report, or continue to report, an account in a debt management plan as delinquent, until the balance is paid-in-full, which may result in a negative impact on your credit. NDM does not repair your credit. NDM does not report the fact that a client has received counseling services to a credit reporting agency.
15. Funding sources for NDM include voluntary financial support through Fair Share and Grant contributions from creditors who participate in our Debt Management Program. While not all creditors provide financial support, NDM works with all creditors. NDM does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for the referral of clients or debt or students toor by NDM, except under a fair share agreement.
16. There is a $50.00 initial fee for debt management counseling; this fee is not required in all cases and waived at the request of the client. If the client pays this fee, it is refundable if less than 51% or more in number and dollar amount of all debtors’ creditors consents to the debt management program within 90 days of establishing the debt management plan.
17. Client understands that a debt management program is available depending on the client’s financial circumstances. A debt management program allows the client to obtain an alternative payment schedule with regard to the client’s unsecured consumer debt. NDM only provides this service in the state of Michigan. If you are outside the state of Michigan and eligible for a debt management program, NDM will advise the client to seek the service from an agency approved within the client’s state and that the client may be charged an additional fee by said approved debt management agency.
18. The fee for the debt management plan will range between, $0-$50 depending on the persons ability to pay based on their budget analysis. In all cases, the full charge shall not exceed 15% of the total debt. The charges are applied as a monthly payment over the life of the debt management contract.